Friday, March 18, 2011

Bad blogger, neuro, helmet, and a special request

You know what I really dislike? When I find a blog to follow and I get so involved in the story that I start checking it everyday for updates....but for some reason the blog author doesn't post near as often as she promised...and everyday that I check, I see the same old blog post from a few weeks ago-

Wait- I think I'm talking about me. Yes, I just realized that I left the last post kind of like I would update it the next day or so....for those of you who have been checking it frequently, I do apologize. I have very good intentions (yes I know the saying about good intentions) but then life happens and I forget about our blog.

So, where shall I start....Ah- our post-op visit with the neurosurgeon. We went back on March 7 for a follow-up. It was awesome! The neurosurgeon actually said "WOW" when he pulled up Anderson's MRI before his Feb. 1 surgery and compared it with the most recent ER visit MRI. I have no idea how to read MRI films...but I can tell you that there is no question that God is working on this little man. The surgeon sat and went over the MRI and explained and pointed and showed me the differences. My mouth was on the floor...the difference is HUGE! And when we were leaving, he said he thinks they finally got the shunt just right. It's obviously working and doing its job. There is definitely brain tissue there- though not as much as there should be. Again they were very impressed with how well Anderson is doing- developmentally. In fact, they continue to be astounded when they see him. He brings a smile to everyone's face that he comes into contact with.

After his neuro visit went so well, I decided to swing by the helmet place to see about getting him rescanned and fitted for another helmet since we had surgery 3 days before we were supposed to pick up the first helmet. They were able to work us in and this past Wednesday we went and picked up the helmet. This kid is a trooper. We were so worried about how he would do while trying to adjust to wearing it. He leaves it alone, doesn't cry, and is even already sleeping all night with it on. I will be posting pictures soon...we are waiting on some "bling" for his band. If you wonder what I am talking about, click here.

The girls are doing well also. They are so excited for warmer weather. They are flip-flops and shorts kind of girls (like their momma). With the time change, they are getting some time to play outside after we get home from school. Kinsley is currently missing all of her front teeth- top and bottom. The bottom ones are trying to come in, but the top ones are completely empty. I would love to post a picture but she refuses to let me take a picture. I will try to catch her off-guard. Karlie has been having some bladder and tummy problems, but she keeps on going. She loves her preschool, but also loves the days she gets to stay in her PJ's and go to the sitter's house. They are both great helpers and still think their brother is pretty special, and his eyes light up when they come into a room.

The girls and I are getting ready to soon head to the beach with some friends for a girls' trip. I know I will miss Anderson (and Jamie) like crazy, but I am looking forward to a relaxing week soaking up the sun, playing with the girls, and maybe even reading an entire book. :)

One last thing tonight- you probably noticed the "Pray for Lucy" picture on the blog. We do not know this family personally, but heard their story through a co-worker of Jamie's. Their family is very similar to ours (3 young children: 2 girls, and a baby boy) Their children are all within 1 year of the same age as our children, and their middle child, Lucy, just recently found out she has cancer. A trip to the pediatrician for what they thought was a stomach virus/dehydration, led them straight into surgery to remove tumors from her spine and brain. She has had so many complications from this surgery, she hasn't even made it to St. Jude to begin her treatments yet. Just today she underwent surgery for a shunt, due to leaking spinal fluid after surgery.

I know the regular readers of this blog are believers in the power of prayer and right now this little girl and her family can use all of them they can get. Can you please join us in praying for Lucy, her mom and dad, and her 2 siblings who have been passed around without their parents at home for almost a month now? Check out her blog for more details.

Thanks for sticking with me. I know I am a bad blogger...I would promise I will do better, but I'm afraid I won't keep up with that promise. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR UPDATING AND THE GREAT NEWS ABOUT ANDERSON!!! WE TOLD YOU HE WOULD AMAZE YOU, JUST LIKE MAX HAS!! OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH LUCY AND PAIGE AND I SPEAK OF HER AND HER FAMILY....LIKE WE DO OF YOUR FAMILY ! I KEEP MEANING TO SEND A NOTE TO LUCY..(GOOD INTENTIONS...YES, I KNOW HOW THEY CAN GO)PERHAPS THIS WILL SPUR ME ON!~~HEY WE MAY BE A YEAR LATE, BUT THIS WILL BE THE SUMMER WE GET TOGETHER AND GIVE ANDERSON A HUG!!!OKAY!!??...OKAY!!! blessings, bettie