Friday, March 7, 2008

Waiting for the Snow...

They say it is coming...the biggest snow of the season. I am excited, but skeptic...haven't we heard this before this year? As a teacher, I am sure that they have called for snow that we never got. So I was prepared to go to school and try to tame the wild beasts (the threat of snow does strange things to kids- ask any teacher). However as I was walking out the door, I got the phone call that we are out of school for the day. So as I sit here looking out the window and I see nothing- not even rain at this point- I'm wondering why school was closed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just a little perplexed. Kinsley has been dying to build a snowman all winter and has been disappointed every time. Maybe this time she will get her wish. Until then, we'll just keep waiting, watching, and enjoying a long weekend at home together.

By the way, if you haven't heard, they are doing an Alumni basketball tournament Saturday in Columbia. Jamie and some of his CA basketball buddies are going to be playing. Should be fun to watch because if they are all like him...."The Old Gray Mare ain't what he used to be!" Ha Ha! He will love me for that one!

No comments: