Thursday, January 1, 2009

Catching up...

So it's been since October that I last posted...sorry. Things at our house have been busy and didn't leave much time for blogging. Actually there wasn't much to blog about. It seems like the past two months have been stressful and like our entire family has been in survival mode. I don't know how we get there, or if anyone else feels this way, but sometimes life seems to turn into survival instead of enjoyment. Get up, get ready, take the kids to the sitters, go to work, pick up the kids from the sitters, come home, cook supper, do dishes, give baths, read stories, put kids to bed, pick up the house, go to bed. It is so easy for me to get caught up in the routines of everyday life, that often times I forget that life is supposed to be enjoyable. I forget to "stop and smell the roses" if you will.

One of my New Years Resolutions this year is to do a better job enjoying life. I don't want to look back on this time in my life and have any regrets...I want to have fun, not take life too seriously, and make sure all of my family and friends know how much I love and care for them. I am extremely blessed with wonderful people all around me - I'm not sure what I would do without them. I want to be a more positive person- trying to remind myself to always see the glass as half- full instead of half-empty with streaks on the glass and a chip at the top. I know this won't be easy- isn't it always easier to see the flaws than the blessings of others?



I have greatly enjoyed my Christmas break from school. The girls are at such fun ages- we have had a blast! In fact I am not looking forward to going back to school on Monday...(more on that topic coming soon). This break has made me wish I could spend more time at home with them, but since there are bills to pay, I have decided that I must enjoy and cherish every moment that I am with them.



I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! Hopefully I will do better posting more often!


Since it's been so long since I posted, here are a few pics that were taken since Hallween- just to catch you up.



This was taken in Pigeon Forge, TN. Jamie and I went with some other couples from our church at the beginning of November and had a BLAST! So beautiful!

Karlie's idea of keeping warm and still looking good!





I know this is blurry, but it's my only picture of the girls in our first snow this winter. This was a present for my birthday- it fell on Dec. 11th and we got a snow day from school on the 12th!




Posing in front of the tree...Karlie kept checking out her big sis to see how she was supposed to pose. It was hilarious to watch her imitate Kinsley.





















Karlie's favorite present of all- CHAPSTICK and lip gloss! We have to hide it from her on a daily basis.


Kinsley rockin' out to her Hannah Montana guitar...Karlie got one too. We are at Jamie's dad's house...do you think he likes UT?


















Kinsley's first cake in her Easy Bake Oven.

Part of Kinsley's gift from us was redecorating her bedroom. We painted and got new bedding. Decorations are still in the works.

I have been feeling kind of crafty lately...so my latest project involved paint, ribbon, and Kinsley's boring white lamp shade. I think I'll keep my day job.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of things in life that happens some times that we have no control over. We try to do our best at being a good wife, Mother, friend, sister and Christian that we can. In doing so we sometimes lose track of what is really important. God has given us a place on this earth and a purpose. You do the best you can, you get back on track and you enjoy life the best you can. You cannot be perfect and you cannot please everyone all the time. You be and do what God wants you to do and what Andrea wants to be. You enjoy those girls because before you know it they will be grown and you will wonder where the time went. Don't feel guilty about working and being a stay at home Mom. Your world is built around your kids and it shows in your relationship with them. From what I know and have seen of you growning up, you are a beautiful, loving, God caring Christian woman that I respect and love. I love you like one of my own. Call or some and see us soon!