Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shhh...It's a secret

I love the honesty of 3 year olds.

Tonight as I was blow drying Karlie's hair before she went to bed, she kept turning and looking at me like she wanted to tell me something. I just thought she wouldn't tell me because she thought I wouldn't be able to hear her over the blow dryer, so I leaned really close to her and asked "What did you want to tell me?"

"I didn't say nuffin." she said...then she keeps looking at me with that look of "I really want to tell you something."

So I said to her again, "What is it? What did you want to tell me?"

Her reply, "I'm not going to tell you. Daddy helped me write my name in your birthday card, but daddy said I am not supposed to tell you about the card. So I can't tell you."

I just smiled, chuckled under my breath, and told her "If daddy said not to tell then make sure you don't tell."

She seemed content with that. She smiled, nodded her head, and said, "Okay, I won't tell."

No comments: