Friday, January 20, 2012

Blessed beyond measure

Tonight Jamie and I feel like we are the most fortunate family around. During a stressful 2 days, we have been completely surrounded by family, friends, and co-workers. The messages, calls, visits, and prayers have given us a sense of peace and comfort when we needed it the most. It is in times of need that you realize how much you need those people in your life.

Lots of prayers were answered today. Anderson came through his surgery with flying colors. They did not have to replace the tubing that runs to his abdomen. They did move the placement of the shunt so he has a wild side mohawk currently and 2 incisions, but honestly does not act like he is in much, if any, pain. He has kept down fluids and food, and actually felt good enough to sit in his bed and play. It's simply amazing to watch him, knowing what he just went through.

As I sit here beside him and watch him sleep, I am truly counting my blessings tonight. Not only for him, but for each of you who read this blog, follow him on facebook, and send up prayers on his behalf.

Thank you does not seem like enough. I only hope that when any of my friends, family, or co-workers need prayers and support that I will be there for them, just as you have for us.

No comments: