Friday, May 25, 2012

Small Victories and Catching Up

Celebrating some small victories that I thought I would share with you tonight...

1.   The first phase of my chemotherapy treatments are complete!  I did manage to survive the Red Devil and Cytoxan!  No more of those (hopefully forever!)

2.  My open wound from this past surgery is doing a little better than we thought it would.  I don't want to jinx myself, but it's actually beginning to slowly heal on its own without a wound vac for the time being.  We will keep praying about this one.

3.  School is out for summer and I have been able to spend some wonderful time outside with the kids playing.  Looking forward to more of those days.

Now...  I have really gotten behind on posting some pictures./videos of things that have happened lately.  So, here's a hodge podge.  I hope you enjoy!

Kinsley turned 8 on May 14th!  She graduated from 2nd grade and will be at my school next year as a 3rd grader.  I am so proud of the person she is becoming.  She has a big heart and is quite the little mommy to her brother, which tends to drive him crazy at times.  


Karlie also graduated from her Dayschool and will be going to Kindergarten in the fall.  She is very excited about going to "Real School".   I was so proud of her at graduation.  She sang all the songs and when they asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up, she said "A Physical Therapist".  She later told Jamie and me that she wants to be just like Ms. Peggy and help babies like Anderson learn how to walk!  What a big heart she has! 

Anderson is doing great!  He LOVES to be outside and so that's where he spends most of his day.  He loves to drive the Gator (or Barbie Jeep- whichever is charged!)  all around the cul-de-sac where we live.  He has no fear and thinks it's fun to jump the curbs and run into mailboxes.  This little fella is about to celebrate a birthday in the next week, so be watching for a post with more pics and videos of my miracle boy. 



And finally...I realized that I never posted a video or pictures on here from Karlie's dance recital.  The pictures made it onto my facebook page, but I never even mentioned it on here that I was able to go.  Sorry about that.   I cannot seem to get the video to post, but here are a few pictures.  (I will keep working on the video.  It is just so good, I would love for you to see it.)



As you can see, life doesn't stop just  because you get a cancer diagnosis.  Nope, life goes on, one day at a time.  It's not always easy, but each moment is more cherished, each memory one to remember forever.  I am truly blessed!

No comments: