Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back to School




Kinsley started preschool today (for the 2nd time). She went last fall in Columbia, but after Karlie was born, it became too much to get her to school and pick her up when Jamie was headed to Lawrenceburg and I was headed to Centerville. We've been trying to get her into the Dayschool at Centerville Church of Christ for over a year now, and we finally got in!

Today was her first day and we were all very nervous about how she would do...she has a tendency to be very attached to me- and I am the one who gets to take her to school and pick her up. I am thrilled that she is now right across the street from where I teach. However I was not excited about being the one to drop her off on her first day. She surprised her daddy and me by not shedding a single tear...she kissed me, waved goodbye, and that was it. I left. Of course around 8:15 I called to check on her because I knew she must have had a melt down as soon as she realized I was gone...nope. She was fine. She had a great day and when I picked her up she was so excited she talked my ear off the entire way home.



One day at preschool and she already came home talking about her "boyfriend". Oh boy! What an adventure we are in for!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she is going to be a lot like her Aunt CaCa.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that she had such a good day. She is such a sweetie!!! The teachers have to love her. I am happy for you that you get to take her and pick her up. But "boyfriend" already I mean she must take after her momma on that one. Can not wait to hear her talk all about it.

Anonymous said...

oops!! aunt Kari needs to remember to put her name on her comments!! love ya guys....

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS KINSLEY!!!! Going to Preschool is a MAJOR accomplishment. I love the backpack!!! You have to be the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!!!!! I hope everything is going well. Good luck with school! Talk to you all soon. Love, Kara