Friday, August 10, 2007

New things happening

Well, sorry for taking so long to update the blog. August is a very busy month as I begin preparing for another school year. I have been working on my classroom and sitting through lots and lots of meetings. I got to meet some of my parents last night at Parent- Teacher Orientation, but will meet the new students this morning. I will try to continue to keep the blog updated, but can't promise anything during these first few weeks of school. They are always the hardest. I have several students with disabilities this year, and even one child who is autistic. I pray that God will give me the love and understanding to patiently deal with each of these students.

Things are pretty much the same for the rest of the family...Kinsley doesn't like the fact that she has to get pulled out of bed at 6:15 am rather than sleeping until 10. (Of course, neither do I. ) Karlie doesn't seem to have noticed that things are different yet. That is probably a good thing. Jamie continues driving to Lawrenceburg every day to a job that he LOVES. So, things with our family are good right now.

For those of you who know my extended family, I want to tell you what is going on with them. My mom put Matt on a plane yesterday headed to Florida to meet his birth mother for the first time. Also waiting for him at the airport was his full brother, 2 half brothers, and his maternal grandparents who have prayed for him by name for the past 18 years. While it is an exciting time, it is also a very emotional time both for Matt and my parents. Please keep all of them in your prayers during this time. If you don't know Matt's story (it's a great one) please take some time to check out my mom and dad's blog- it over on my links section ( Gary Neat Blog). However I do warn you that before you read it, you need a box of tissues handy. Make sure you start with the post that is labeled: Part One. I will try to keep you updated on that situation also.

2 comments:

Rebecca Fua said...

Andrea....love the blog. it's fun to keep updated on your family. one of these days i will have to make one. i feel like everyone has one now. so glad for the update on matthew...i can remember him being little and begging to play with us and all his knock knock jokes. please keep us posted. hope to see you soon! rebecca

Andrea Spears said...

Matt is coming home today (Saturday). I am hoping that he will want to talk about it because I am DYING to know how it went. I will let you know. Also, he leaves for college Tuesday- David Lipscomb