Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cool Shades

Jamie is so hot...he has to wear shades! Ha Ha! No, actually this morning he went to the Selkin Laser Center and had Lasik eye surgery performed. I had class, so he took his grandmother with him (probably a good thing). For the first 4 hours after surgery I think he was questioning his decision due to the burning, watery eyes, and itching that would not stop (again, good thing I was still at school). However as the night goes on things seem to be progressing in a more positive direction. He says it will be worth all of it as soon as the discomfort goes away because he can see perfectly (when he can open his eyes). He keeps proving this to me by trying to read small print on the TV, reading the alarm clock in the bedroom from the living room, etc. (OK, I get the point- but I am just fine with my contacts, thank you very much). Really I am proud of him for doing it. Supposedly by tomorrow all of the pain and discomfort should be gone. We go back in the morning for his checkup...we will see how things are tomorrow. For tonight, I guess we will continue sitting in the dark (literally).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sooooooooooo glad you shared this. I just saw a man with those "sports goggles" on in Cracker Barrel yesterday and I had no idea what they were. I hope Jamie is doing well. I'm with you....I'll stick with the contacts! Hope you all are well!
Love,
Kara