Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Few Funnies, Part 2

Anderson was 5 days old before his 2 big sisters got to see and hold him. But on the Sunday that we were in the NICU room where we could stay in his room with him, my mom brought the girls up to spend some time with us.

The entire day was both funny and exhausting all at the same time. The girls had already waited 9 months for their brother...now 5 more days- they were tired of waiting. Let's just say they couldn't get enough of him. All of the cords and monitors didn't bother them at all- they were going to hold their baby brother- and weren't planning on sharing him with any one else. Protective doesn't even come close to describing how they felt about him. We would convince Kinsley to let someone else hold him, and in 2 minutes she would inform them that it was her turn again.

The best part came. however, when Karlie was holding him.

She was "rocking" him, rubbing on him, and wouldn't take her eyes off of him. She would ask a lot of questions about him, like she was studying him very intently. While she was holding him, he got hungry. So like all babies do, he started to put his hands up by his mouth.

So she asked, "What is he doing?"

Jamie told her, "He is hungry. He is trying to eat his hands."

Her eyes got as wide as saucers, she thought for a minute, and then said, "Well, then somebody better run downstairs to McDonalds and get him something to eat, FAST!"

2 comments:

Jill Fields said...

These stories are hilarious! Keep them coming!

I was so glad to see you all at church last week! I told everyone I knew that I had finally gotten to meet precious little Anderson, and Ann Cortner and I sing about him all the time! She thinks he is super cute!

I also just caught up on the AMAZING medical reports! This kid IS a miracle baby! Go, God! Thank you for this blessing!

Araceli Sandoval (Brianna and Hailey's mommy) said...

Hi Andrea, First and foremost CONGRATS to you and Jamie on your baby boy Anderson! I am a regular on the Angels Around the World website and I love reading about all the babies and kids (and some adults). I noticed your blog today as a new one, as soon as I read Andrsons DOB I knew I had to read, being a sweetpea newborn. I hope you do not mind, I will become an Anderson follower. My name is Araceli and I am the 22 year old mother of two Hailey 5 and Brianna 2 who also happens to have ACC (hers is complete agenesis of the corpus callosum) you can find her blog also listen on the site under HOPE FOR BRIANNA www.hopeforbrianna.blogspot.com I read your blog from June6th all the way back to April 15 (and I will get to the beginning soon :) ) It fills my heart with joy to hear how well Anderson is doing and so glad to hear his shunt surgery went well. SUPER happy that you are home with your three kids and hubby. My daughter has been affected moderately by her ACC (BUT she also has a chromosome anmality deltion and translocation on 3 and 4) but she is proving everyone wrong and our lives are full of GOD and HOPE! My little bratty has had 3 surgeries and is scheduled for 2 more soon (tonsils and adenoid removal and an eye surgery) but this little girl is running around happier than ever lol... When I read about Anderson being able to take his bottle after surgery I was/am so thrilled! My baby girl is gtube dependant (for now) there is no telling what our kiddos will do. YOu should check out NODCC.com National Organization for Disorders of the Corpus Callosum and join our Listserv family... you can ask us ANYTHING we are a huge group and bound to find someone with ACC and hydro or similar situations as you and answer any questions you may have to the best of our knowledge. OK comment turned into a book. You can PM me if you wish araceli.sandoval4@gmail.com I will be checking up on Anderson. God Bless you and your family.
Araceli