Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A not-so-subtle Sign

Anderson slept great last night, which allowed Jamie and me to also get some rest. He was happy this morning and seemed to feel pretty good. The surgeon's nurse practitioner came to talk to us and make sure we understood what the plan was for today. Her name is Angel.

They came and got us at 8:30 to take us downstairs for surgery. When we got to the Pre-Op holding area, we were introduced to our nurse- Hope. At that point I knew everything was going to be okay. It was another one of those moments that I could just feel God's presence all around us! He didn't want me to miss that, so we had angel and hope all around us! :)

It ended up being around 10:30 before they took him backto surgery. It lasted about 45 minutes. When the surgeon walked in this time, he looked much more pleased. The surgery had been a success! They went in through a spot on the top of his head and were able to see the cyst and successfully get the catheter through the cyst wall. He feels this shunt should last awhile, although there are never any promises with shunts.

We are in a regular room, and Anderson is sleeping peacefully. He doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain right now, so I pray that continues to be the case. If we have a good night and everything looks good we should come home some time tomorrow.

Again thank you for the prayers. We had no idea we were in for all of this when we came to the ER Monday night. You've probably noticed that when I have a lot on my mind I like to blog about it- I guess that's my therapy. But the best part is all of the calls, prayers, and comments on my facebook page- that always makes me feel like we are surrounded by people who love and care about Anderson, and who know that God is able to heal and aren't afraid to ask Him to do just that.

No comments: