Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trying to get ahead...

It seems that the Spears clan can not get ahead lately... Jamie and I have missed more days of work in the past 2 months than we have in probably the past 2 years. Our family is usually very healthy and seem to bypass many of the sicknesses/viruses that go around- but not this year.

We had Anderson's shunt revision in December. Then another 2 shunt revisions in February.

The very next week Karlie got the flu and fought it for 4-5 days.

This morning, Kinsley woke up with a stomach virus.

So I'm home. Again.

I love my kids and I don't mind at all to take care of them when they are sick or need me...but it seems to have hit all 3 kids this year and has made for a rough February.

I always volunteer to "take one for the team" and take care of the sickly child- being a teacher, I have a pretty strong immune system. So far Jamie and Ihave been lucky, but I feel like I might need to "knock on wood" as I type that.

Hopefully everyone will soon be back on the mend and no one else will get sick.

Anderson is still recovering nicely from his surgery. In fact, he's doing really good. I need to post some new pics/videos. He is the happiest, strongest kid I know. I am anxious for him to go back for another PT eval now that he is able to do so much more.

I will try to do a longer update on him soon with pictures and everything, but for now...I am off to check on Kinsley.

No comments: