Saturday, August 4, 2012

Back to School

Yesterday was the first day back to school for everyone.  The summer flew by, but we enjoyed every minute of it.  I can honestly say that I am ready to get back into a routine each day.  I love my job, and I am so thankful for a wonderful school system for my children. 

Kinsley is in third grade this year, which means she moves from the elementary school to the intermediate school.  Yep, she gets to be in the same building that I am in!  She's a little nervous, but after meeting her teacher yesterday, she's also pretty excited! 



Karlie starts Kindergarten this year.  She is VERY excited!  She got the same teacher that Kinsley had for Kindergarten, plus some of her very good friends from church and dayschool are in her class.  She is growing up so fast!  I know she will love school.  She reminds me a lot of me when I was younger.  I don't think she's nervous at all. 



Anderson actually started preschool yesterday, too.  We decided it would be a good idea for him to go to preschool 2 days a week so that he could be around kids his own age.  Social skills and developmental milestones are huge for him this year.  His doctors and early intervention support also agreed this would be a great move for him.  He will still be with Ms. Carla the other 3 days so it's a win/win situation for everyone.  I was really nervous about how he would do at school yesterday, but he had a GREAT day.  In fact, he didn't cry at all- until Jamie picked him up and told him it was time to go home....


So all three kids started school yesterday.  It was a great first day.  I am excited about this school year.  I know it will be a great year for all of them.   


I also started back to work(school) 2 weeks ago.  I am so blessed to be a part of a wonderful school system.  I love my job and I am looking forward to a wonderful school year with a great group of teachers/staff.  I am thankful to feel well enough to continue to work full time.  I have 3 chemotherapy treatments left and then I will begin radiation.  Taking things one day at a time.  Each day is a gift. 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I am visiting from Kate's Linky party. You look like you have an incredible family - such gorgeous kiddos! I'm looking forward to following you and praying for your complete healing. Thanks for sharing :)