Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pretty in Pink

Today some of my family, coworkers, and best friends threw a big party in my honor. What kind of party? A PINK PARTY! What is this, you ask? Well, none of us were sure exactly what it was, but it turned out FANTASTIC! Everyone wore pink...everything was decorated pink...there were pink cupcakes, pink drinks, pink balloons...absolutely everything was pink. And it was all for me- to show their love and support as I begin this journey toward kicking cancer in the butt!

I do not have the right words to give what happened today any justice. I am completely overwhelmed. I literally had an army of people show up on a Sunday afternoon to show me that they have my back and they are going to walk beside me every step of the way. That many people- without any invitations being sent! Just a few flyers hung in schools and some text messages. None of you can possibly know how wonderful you made me feel today. Thank you for such a wonderful day that I will never forget! When I am having a bad day, or hurting, or feeling sorry for myself, I will think about this day- look at the pictures, read the cards, and think of all the hugs of love and support- and I know it will bring a smile to my face every time. My cup of blessings runneth over- and today those blessings were in the form of friendship.

I also went shopping this weekend to get some things for surgery and post-surgery. I have begun to pack my bag for the hospital...I have another wonderful new friend helping me out with that among other things. Seriously, one thing I have learned is that even if you have to go through something bad or trying in your life, God will place people in your life to help you through it. I have another sweet girl who is on my same journey- in fact she is about 2 weeks ahead of me- and she has been SO EXTREMELY helpful! I feel so much more confident about this surgery and winning this battle after meeting her and her husband. She is another one who is just so positive and optimistic, it's contagious!

It's been a great weekend! I realize I haven't posted in a while and I apologize but last week was just a completely normal week around our house and I enjoyed every minute of it. There will be plenty to post this week. If I can't, I will make Jamie or my dad, or someone who likes to write, promise to keep the blog up to date.

Tonight I want every person who reads this blog to know that you are special to me and I love each of you from the bottom of my heart, even if I've never met you in person. Thank you for your support, thank you for your love, but most of all- THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

(A t-shirt order is in the works for shirts that have the design in the picture above. They are $10 and if you are interested you can send your money and size to Jennifer Hudgins 2370 Skyview Drive, Centerville, TN 37033)

2 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

How awesome! I've already mailed my check for my shirt! Cant wait to wear it in honor of you! Many prayers to you and your family this week! I know you're gonna do great! LOVE YOU!

bettie said...

COUNTLESS, UPON COUNTLESS...WOMEN AND MEN....WILL BE "PRETTY IN PINK"...MARCHING WITH YOU IN YOUR BATTLE!!!!.....~FOR THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD~...~SOME TRUST IN CHARIOTS AND SOME IN HORSES, BUT WE TRUST IN THE NAME OF THE LORD OUR GOD~PS.20:7
LET'S GO FORWARD AND GET THIS THING BEHIND US!!!!(HOPING TO SEE YOUR FAMILY IN THE WAITING ROOM TODAY, MY MOTHER IN LOVE HAS BEEN IN HOSP. FOR A WEEK SO I AM UP THERE WITH HER).LOVE YA,SWEETIE!! BETTIE,JOE AND FAMILY ~COL.3:17~