Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jamie's View

I am so excited! Jamie decided he would join me in doing some posts for the blog. The following is his perspective on the pregnancy, the initial ultrasound, and what the future holds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me first say "Thank you" to everyone who has offered up prayers on our behalf and said many kind, thoughtful, and encouraging words during the last few months. I cannot tell you how much both have meant to our family. It is truly a blessing to have such wonderful friends!



It was the day we had all looked forward to. One that seemed like it would never arrive. It was the day we would finally find out the sex of our third child. We were all so excited. Kinsley even got to skip school to go with us to find out the big surprise.


After having two healthy, beautiful, adorable girls, it was my wish, as it is for most fathers, to have a boy. A son I could call my own. One who would hopefully want to be and do everything his father was and did.


After arriving, we were placed in an ultrasound room with the sonographer. She was polite, profressional, and explained the entire process. Everything was going exactly how I had envisioned. This was great!

You could tell that she had a process by which she examined every fetus. A process which would not reveal the sex of the baby at first. This was one of the main reasons I came to the ultrasound. I wanted to know what we were having. I had been through two of these before. Just tell me whether I am having a boy or a girl!


Shortly into the examination, we began hearing words like beautiful, amazing, perfect, etc...These are the words every parent dreams of hearing. Words that convey that everything was in place and working. I was on top of the world.


She then revealed that we were having a BOY! My eyes filled with tears. I was overcome with joy. My wish had come true!


Soon after this announcement, her tone of voice changed. You could see it in her eyes. She became serious, reserved, and focused, as if something was wrong. We were told this is the last thing she looks for. She continued to look. By this time, I was scared. I mean, really scared. I was sick. My stomach was in my throat. What could be wrong? Don't tell me this one thing that I had longed for wasn't perfect. Don't tell me that he won't be able to walk, talk, or do anything for himself.


Until this time, everything seemed okay. All necessary parts were in place and working. I thought we were having a beautiful and perfect baby. It was then that we were placed in a room to wait and talk to the doctor. We waited for over an hour waiting to talk with the doctor. This seemed like an eternity!



When the doctor arrived, she discussed the problem. She gave us a brief description of the CC and it's role in the brain, as well as any effects that Anderson may experience if it did not develop by the next ultrasound.


As you are aware from Andrea's previous posts, the CC is still not there. All other factors seem to be in place, normal size, and functioning. For this I am thankful.


I have come to realize that Anderson may not be perfect in the way I USED to think of as perfect. He will be his own person and I am convinced he will teach me many special things about life I have never thought about. He will be loved and spoiled. Most of all, I will be thankful to God for giving me a son of my very own!


Thank you again for the phone calls, kind words, and prayers. I humbly ask for your continued prayers in the upcoming months as we prepare for the arrival of Anderson. May God richly bless you and your family.

3 comments:

Russ said...

Wow. Such faith. I'm working on our new study for Easter. How to face our fears with faith! You guys are living examples. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Your comments made me feel such joy! Joy for Anderson and the parents that are going to welcome him into this world. God's plan for Anderson must be Great!!!!
Love and prayers,
Connie A.

Hallie Madewell said...

Well thanks Jamie... nothing like a good cry! Such true words and good reality check on being thankful for everything that we are given! Perfect means so many wonderful things and I know sweet Anderson will be! Will continue to pray for your family!