Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Doing Great

Anderson went back to his pediatrician this morning to recheck his weight. He is now up to 8lb 9 oz, which is 2 oz heavier than his original birth weight!! Yippee! Gaining weight is good for any baby, but it is especially so with Anderson- because feeding is actually a neurological activity. Many babies who have developmental issues neurologically cannot feed and have to be fed through a feeding tube. However, Anderson is doing great drinking his bottle and is continuing to gain weight each day. I am so thankful for this!

We also got other good news today at his visit- his doctor examined him and then looked at me and said "Honestly, Andrea. If I didn't know his story and couldn't see the scar on his head from his surgery, I would not know that there had been any concerns with his health. He looks great developmentally and is doing everything a "typical" 3 week old baby should be doing. He might just be God's little miracle baby."

You have no idea how wonderful it was to hear that. I knew that Jamie and I had not noticed anything different about him than our other girls as babies, but we also knew we weren't doctors and might be overlooking something. We are so thankful that Anderson is doing so well. We continue to pray daily for his development. We feel God has already blessed him and will continue to bless him. Thank you for helping us pray...God has already answered many prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy!!! I think he will continue to amaze you for the rest of his life. He is going to do great things. Know that I am praying for you. Laura McAlister Arnold

Hallie Madewell said...

Andrea... this post made me smile from ear to ear! I am so happy your sweet Anderson is doing so great! We will continue to pray for him and he is such a precious little boy!!! :)

Aunt Linda said...

That is just wonderful news. I will continue to have goods thoughts, for God is an awesome God.