Wednesday, June 9, 2010

HOME!

Yes, you read that correctly...we are HOME. We had no idea that there was even a possibility of us going home today. But when the doctors made their rounds this morning at 11, it was decided that Anderson was doing so well, there wasn't anything they could do for him at the hospital that we couldn't do at home.

So we loaded up, got the paperwork, and headed home.

The doctors did ask that we be very careful about trying to ensure that his shunt doesn't get infected. An infection in a shunt is a pretty serious thing, so the doctors have asked that we do a lot of hand washing, hand sanitizing, and try to limit Anderson's exposure to a lot of visitors. They would like for us to try to keep him away from germs as much as possible. I know that you all understand and want what is best for him also.

So, we are going to get settled in. I am going to prop my swollen feet up and snuggle with the girls- who are excited to have their baby brother, momma, and daddy home. We thank you again for your prayers and support. We will continue to keep you posted of how Anderson is doing, but as for today God has answered all of our prayers and we are grateful beyond measure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to be home!! May God continue to bless you and your family in the coming days. We will continue to pray for you all.

Bobby and Joyce Page

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that you, Jamie and Anderson are home to join your beautiful little girls. I can just see the smiles on their faces.
Thanks for keeping everyone who loves you informed by your blog. You both have been inspiring!
Connie and David

Jill Fields said...

I was just informed about your blog today after hearing of Anderson's surgery, and what great news I found! You all are home! Hurray! I would LOVE to see you and Anderson, but I completely understand the sanitation thing! When he gets a little more stabalized, I just have to come for a visit! I know you are so, so proud! Loving you from afar~ Jill

Jill Fields said...

Sorry, one more comment...

HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

I just went further in your blog to see if there were any pics, and I got what I wanted! Oh my goodness gracious, he is so precious! There is nothing like a new baby, I swear! I can just smell him from here, sweet sweet! Please kiss his little head and tell him that his girlfriend, Ann Cornter, can't wait to meet him! Is it too early for us to arrange a marriage?!?!

Anonymous said...

So glad you all are home!!! I know it must be a great feeling!!! He is just precious and so are the girls!!! Have a wonderful night at home!! Love ya!
Kara Farr

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL news. Prayers have truly been answered once again. Enjoy every minute of this precious time with you family -- the rest of us understand and will gladly wait our turns. Just keep posting the progress and pictures.
We will continue to pray for all you, especially Anderson.
♥Kim and Tim Henderson

Anonymous said...

Sometimes Satan throws us a lot of bad stuff to deal with but thankfully we have a God who is there to help us. I am so glad that both of you are relying on God and realize that He truly IS the one in control and will see you through whatever may come.
What a beautiful, precious gift from God your little Anderson is (and Mama Jack would love his name)!! I am so glad that you all are at home. Andrea, please take care of yourself - all of those babies need you well and whole. I will continue to pray for you all.

Sue Amacher

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the circle is complete and the family is all together. Now it is as it should be.... God has brought you all together. God knew what he was doing by bringing Anderson into your family. Hugs, love and prayers to you all!!!

Peg