Thursday, June 3, 2010

Prayers are being answered...

I have just returned to my room from the NICU, where prayers are being answered. Anderson has been completely removed from all of the oxygen for the last hour and a half and has done wonderfully. As long as he continues to do well, he will get to stay off of the machine! Thank you God for answering all of those prayers!

He did not have his MRI today, and we have been told that is because they are waiting for me to get discharged tomorrow so that I can go with him to the MRI. They may need to sedate him, but felt it would be best if I could go with him. So please continue to pray that the MRI will go well tomorrow.

We have also been told that after the MRI, Anderson will be moved to the Children's Hospital to a REGULAR room so that mom (and Dad) can be with him all the time.

His nurse tonight said that as of right now they are not planning on doing a shunt- they have checked the fluid and there is no infection, so he doesn't need antibiotics. Right now they feel that the fluid will naturally be absorbed by his body. But the MRI should give answers to many questions.

Again, this information came from Anderson's nurse tonight. We don't know for certain that everything will happen as planned, but what I do know is that tomorrow will be a BIG day. Anderson has already made so much progress and I know it is because of all of the prayers going up on his behalf. God does answer prayers- I've said that and believed that all along. The hard part is making myself realize that God doesn't work on my time scale.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers for Anderson. Please keep praying for big things to happen tomorrow. I will keep you posted as things happen.

I am headed back to the NICU at 11 to feed him again. I am already praying that things continue to progress in this direction. I can't wait to get him home so that all of you who have been praying for him can get to see him, hold him, and love on him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited about you getting to spend time with Anderson when he is moved to the hospital. He will be coming home soon to his sisters!
Connie

Christie :-) said...

Yay! For good news, love you guys!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog through a post on my facebook wall from a mutual friend. We moved from Columbia a year ago and are only now discovering about your journey with Anderson. We love you, and you can know our prayers are with you, too. What a precious little boy! Shirley and Randall Smith